Thursday, March 31, 2016

Step 3: The Characters/Setting

The Characters


Sharon
Lily

Lily is strong, intelligent, and proficient. She can take care of herself and seems to be only one of the few that isn't affected by the means of the government to control its citizens.

When I wrote the pros and cons of doing an action film one of my pros was that I knew someone who would do a great job as my lead. That someone is my friend, Sharon. 

She's perfect for Lily in the sense that she is very athletically skilled and would do very well with the action portion of the scene. She also has a very independent personality which would suit the role very well. I never put much thought into what I envisioned Lily looking like since I learned from a class assignment where we made a music video that the hardest part of filming is finding someone with an empty schedule, so I was fine with having to tailor the physical appearance of Lily to the actress. As long as she was capable of looking strong and I knew she wouldn't giggle all the time during filming she could play Lily.

Carla
Thankfully, my first choice was free to film; although, we did run into some complications. We were scheduled to film today but Sharon's flight got cancelled and now she is scheduled to fly today. If everything goes well we are still on track and ready to film tomorrow.

If anything does go wrong I do have another friend ready to be her substitute which is also very capable of portraying the role. Carla has been in track and soccer teams for most of her life and is a very fast runner. She also has a very lean, athletic physique and can look very strong. I also know she can do a good job with the acting portion of it. Thankfully there aren't any lines for Lily in the opening so worrying about someone who can say them in a natural manner isn't one of my concerns.

Alex

Alex has also begun to resist the brainwashing of the government and has been exiled for refusing to take part in their militia. There is not much to him in the opening, other than establishing that he has wounded and has previously met Lily. 

The actor who will be playing his role will be my cousin, Alejandro. Ale has a slight Spanish accent but this won't be issue since he only has one line and its a name. He has a very small part in the opening so I think he is capable of portraying it convincingly. My only concern is how to establish to he is wounded without having to buy liquid latex to make a fake wound. 

He's going to be laying down on the floor which is the first clue that he is hurt. He will be covered in dirt insinuating that he has been there a while in fact, I bought a shirt today I can get dirty and rip a little too so I don't have to mess up any of Ale's shirts. Tonight I'm also going to try and draw some cuts on his arm to see if the would look real and utilize them during filming tomorrow. I hope this will be enough to establish something is wrong. 

The Setting

We will be filming in Markham Park, which has a "Primitive Camping Area" where we can go into the woods and will work as the setting I'm going for. I also considered Tree Tops Park but to make it easier for everyone I chose Markham because it is closer to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment