Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pros and Cons

Upon my research I wasn't completely able to define which exact genre I want but I was able to rule action out. When I thought about action I really had the idea of the adventure genre in my head but now that I know their differences adventure is the way I'd like to go. I am currently between doing a Romantic Drama or an Adventure film but it all depends on the next week.

Adventure
Pros:
- I know someone who would do a great job as the strong female lead
- Openings can be relatively easy to think of and engaging by opening with an action scene (like the read running)
- There are a couple locations easily accessible around to fit with the "exotic locales" part of the genre
Cons:
- An action scene could be hard to do without a dolly to move the camera along smoothly
- A fast pace opening is nothing really original

Romantic Drama
Pros:
- It can be shot anywhere - it is not as location heavy but more focused on the characters
- Opening can introduce the two characters to infer that their stories will eventually cross
- The genre I tend to gravitate towards
Cons:
- Might be a bit more script oriented
- It is harder to bring two people together to shoot than just working with the schedule of a single person
- Opening might be slightly more complex to film

No comments:

Post a Comment