Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Makeup Department


Lily's makeup was nothing special - I wanted to go for a natural look since she's on the run it wouldn't have made much sense for her to be wearing red lipstick and jet black eyeliner. I opted for some concealer, some brown mascara, brown eyeliner smudged, and some chapstick.

Testing the look the night before
Alex's makeup situation was a little bit more complicated. He had to look like he had been lying in the forrest floor for a while so I tried to create the effect of dirt on his face using brown eyeshadow as seen on this video. I used the Naked 3 Palate from Urban Decay to obtain the brown eyeshadow and I blended it out with a simple makeup sponge. I also used a brown crayon eyeliner and blended it out with my finger. Bellow are the pictures of the finished product on the day of filming. Looking back at the footage the dirt wasn't as visible as I was hoping it would be on camera but I think him laying down on the floor will be enough for the audience to infer that something is wrong.


Another makeup aspect for Alex where a series of fake cuts. I drew three of these: two smaller ones along the right arm and a larger one in the left arm. I would've liked to draw one on his face but one of the markers I was using was a permanent marker and I didn't want to risk it potentially staying in his face for a couple of days. The cuts would've looked more severe and painful if I would've used liquid latex but going out to purchase it would've hindered our tight filming schedule a little bit. Bellow are the pictures of two of the cuts and how I created them.





No comments:

Post a Comment