Tuesday, April 5, 2016

An Ode to the Youtube Audio Library

I had another post scheduled to go before this one but I'm just so exited I can't wait.

I had to edit the entire sound of my movie from scratch since the one recorded with the film footage was not as neat and crisp as I wanted it to be. Having worked with royalty-free sound effect websites before I know how some of them are not very user-friendly or require you to make an account to download clips.

I have just found the most wonderful thing: The Youtube Audio Library. It is part of the "Creator Studio" feature (which I didn't even know existed!) and I'm not sure if you need to have a google account to be able to access it but come on everyone has a google account (and if you don't please get one...it has so much to offer). The sound effects library includes a wide variety of sound effects from foley to animal and a layout that is extremely easy to navigate and all the sound effects are conveniently placed in one place. No playing hide-and-seek to find the effect needed.

I'm so happy about this discovery since it made my sound effect search so much better and faster. Thank you Youtube!

P.s - I did double check to make sure that the sound effects are 100% royalty free- you can see for yourself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment